Studies have shown that a messy workplace can have various negative effects on the mental and physical wellbeing of employees. As well as looking unprofessional, a messy workstation is the breeding site for various germs and can become a graveyard for productivity. In fact, statistics show that sick days alone cost the UK economy over £77.5 billion a year!
Much of this could be saved if all workplaces were clean and germ-free, and it is easier to do your bit than you think. By tackling the office germ hot spots, you can be sure to stay productive all year long. Read on to learn how to banish those sniffles quickly and efficiently…
Some of us work at them every day, and with the rise of hot desks in addition to sharing office equipment, you are at a high risk of being infected by other people’s germs!
- Regularly clean your desk with specialised products.
- If eating at your desk, make sure to wash your hands before and after.
- Have a pack of antibacterial wipes handy to banish cold and flu viruses from shared objects, such as the phone and pens.
Keyboard and Mouse
Studies show that more than 3,000 micro-organisms can be found per square inch on keyboards, and over 1,600 bacteria per square inch on a computer mouse!
- Eating lunch at your desk? Move your keyboard away to remove the risk of crumbs (and clean up after yourself!).
- Clean your keyboard and mouse weekly.
Hands up if you’re guilty of leaving a used mug on your desk overnight? Yep, us too. Office mugs can look a bit worse for wear quickly, and a simple rinse may not be enough to remove a colleague’s germs.
- Using your own mug consistently reduces the risks of spreading germs and viruses.
- Make sure to wash up your own mug every evening.
Whether it’s simply keeping the office toilets clean, maintaining food hygiene standards, or dealing in specialist sectors such as housekeeping or healthcare, we can help you purchase smarter.
You are guaranteed superior value over individual product ordering with Egan Reid. If you are still ordering individual janitorial products, make your £ go further by ordering our 5L containers of any janitorial product, and you can get an impressive 166 trigger spray bottles (or 44 buckets).
Our range of cleaning, hygiene and ancillary products is one of the largest and most diverse in our industry and big enough to satisfy the requirements of most business sectors. For more information contact our team today on 0161 406 6000 or drop us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.